CAT STEVENS, FORMER POP STAR, UK (PART 2 OF 2)

Tuesday, October 29, 2013
By: Cat Stevens

One of the most prominent musical figures of the 70’s and his search for the truth. 
Part 2: The Quran and accepting Islam.

THE QURAN

When he arrived in London brought a translation of the Qur'an , which he gave me . It did not become a Muslim , but he felt something in this religion , and thought I could find something in it also .POP STAR

And when I received the book, a guide to explain everything to me - who I was , what was the purpose of life , what was the reality and what is reality, and where I come from - I ' I realized that this was the true religion, the religion not in the sense the West understands , not only for their old age type .God In the West , whoever wishes to embrace a religion and make it his only way of life that is considered a fanatic. I was not a fan , I was confused at first between body and soul. Then I realized that the body and soul are not apart and you have to go to the mountain to be religious. We must follow the will of God. Then we can rise higher than the angels.religion The first thing I wanted was to be a Muslim .POP STAR

I realized that everything belongs to God , not to exceed to sleep. He created everything . God At this point , I began to lose the pride in me , because I remembered that I came by my own greatness. But I realized that I did not create myself, and the purpose of my being here was to submit to the teaching that has been perfected by the religion we know as Al- Islam . At that time, I began to discover my faith .God I felt I was a Muslim. A reading of the Qur'an , I now realized that all the Prophets sent by God brought the same message.religion Why then were the Jews and Christians different? I know now how the Jews did not accept Jesus as the Messiah and that they had changed His Word .God Even the word of God and Christians misunderstand called Jesus the son of God. All this makes perfect sense. That's the beauty of the Quran , is asked to reflect and reason, and not to worship the sun or moon but the One who created all things . The Qur'an asks man to reflect upon the sun and moon and God's creation in general. Do you realize that the sun is the moon? They are at different distances from the earth, but are the same size as us, at times, seems to overlap the other.POP STAR

Although most of the astronauts go to space , they see the insignificant size of the earth and vastness of space. They become very religious , because they saw the signs of God .

When I read the Qur'an further, talked about prayer , kindness and charity. I was not Muslim, but I felt the only answer for me was the Qur'an and God had sent me, and I kept it a secret . But the Qur'an also speaks on different levels.God I began to understand another level , where the Qur'an says: " Those who believe do not take disbelievers for friends and the believers are brothers. " So at this point I wanted to meet my Muslim brothers .POP STAR

CONVERSION religion

So I decided to travel to Jerusalem ( as my brother had done ) . In Jerusalem , I went to the mosque and sat down. A man asked me what I wanted .God I told him I was a Muslim . He asked what my name was . I told him , " Stevens. " He was confused . He then joined the prayer, but not very successfully . Back in London , I met a sister called Nafisa . I said I wanted to embrace Islam , and she advised me to go to the New Regent Mosque . It was in 1977 , about a year and a half after receiving the Koran. Now , I realized I had to get rid of my pride , get rid of Satan , and face one direction. So Friday , after Friday prayers ceremony congrational , went to the imam ( religious leader ) and declared my faith ( Shahada ) in hand. You have before you someone who had achieved fame and fortune. But guidance was something that eluded me , no matter how hard I tried , until I was shown the Qur'an. Now , I realize that I can come into direct contact with God , unlike Christianity or any other religion . As one Hindu lady told me, " You do not understand the Hindus. Believe in one God , we use these objects (idols ) to merely concentrate " What he said is that to reach God , we have to create associates, that are idols for the purpose. . But Islam removes all these barriers . The only thing that moves the believers from the disbelievers is the salat (prayer) . This is the process of purification.POP STAR

Finally , I want to say that everything I do is for the pleasure of God and pray that you gain some inspirations from my experiences. I also want to emphasize that no contact with a Muslim before he embraced Islam . I read the Qur'an first and realized that no one is perfect. Islam is perfect, and if we imitate the conduct of the Prophet to be a hit .

God gives us guidance to follow the path of the nation of Muhammad , peace and blessings of God be upon him . Ameen !religion

No comments:

Post a Comment